- Herbes from the Provençal region, Basil, Rosemary, Marjoram and Thyme infused in our original recipe Ghee makes Herbes de Provence Ghee one of our most delightful cooking ghee. Roast your root vegetables in it or use in Ratatouille; Enhance the flavours of Risotto, pasta, pizza and Bruschetta with Herbes Ghee; Scramble eggs or use in Quiche…the ideas are endless.
TIP: To loosen the herbes infusion settled at the base of the jar, heat the jar in microwave for 2-3 minutes, or let the jar sit in boiled water. Stir the infusion to get the full Herbes De Provence Ghee experience.
Ghee General Facts:
- Ghee finds its roots in the ancient Ayurveda texts where Ghee was called the ultimate fuel for the body. Ghee has Immense benefits as a cooking fat/oil. Ghee is high in Vitamin A, D, E, K, CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid) and Butyric Acid. Ghee is a natural pre-biotic known to heal the gut and has calming effects on the body and mind. Our Ghee is made with a slow cooking method as per Ayurvedic recipe. The grainy texture of our Ghee is proof that it is clarified to the point that all milk solids-Lactose and Casein are removed, and Dairy intolerant people can consume it too. Not all Ghee that we get in the stores is free of Lactose and Casein.
- Ghee Appétit is a high-quality organic and grass-fed cow Ghee due to artisanal production. Ghee has a high smoke point of 250°C/482°F making it ideal for high temperature cooking.
- Ghee can be warmed to loosen it a bit, especially in cold temperatures, and allowed to set. This can be repeated several times, during its life span without causing any damage to Ghee’s properties as Ghee has a very high smoke point.
- Try our Ghee as you would use cooking oil in any recipe. Fry, Sauté, Roast, Braise, Bake or Spread, our Ghee will perform well and taste good.
- A Pure clarified Ghee survives aging too. Since Ghee is a pure oil derived after all milk solids are removed, it can survive as long as any oil would do.
- The shelf life of unopened jar is 2 years for the plain ghee and 1 year for our infused variety, with or without refrigeration. The shelf life of opened jar is 6 months for the infused Ghee and 12 months for the plain Ghee, without refrigeration. (More info in : All About Ghee).
- In Ancient Ayurvedic Apothecaries, ghee used to be aged for years in large cask like containers which was used for healing treatments.
- For more we have a dedicated recipe section and blog to explore.